In 2010, the School Choice Act was signed into law, permitting public school students to attend public schools outside of their resident district. Roxbury Township School District was approved to accept students from out of district beginning with the 2014-2015 school year.
- Students who have attended their local public school for the entire prior academic year are eligible to apply for School Choice.
- Parochial/private school students, home-schooled students, and students attending choice programs in other districts may be considered, depending upon space availability after eligible Tier 1 public school students have completed the application process.
- Students who live within 20 miles of Roxbury Township School District can obtain either transportation or aid-in-lieu from their resident district. Decisions about transportation are made solely by the resident district.
- Parents are responsible for transporting students who live over 20 miles from Roxbury Township School District.
- There are no tuition costs associated with School Choice. Students who attend a choice school are obligated to remain enrolled in the choice district for at least one academic year.