Parent Teacher Association
"Making a Difference in Children's Lives"
The Jefferson PTA is looking forward to continued quality programming this school year!Here are some past accomplishments that were achieved through PTA
The Jefferson Elementary PTA Executive Board - Past and Present - would like to express our deepest gratitude for all our volunteers that ensure we met our goals and then some!"Volunteers don't get paid, not because they're worthless, but because they're priceless." ~Sherry AndersonTo achieve these goals, the PTA runs several fundraisers throughout the year. There are a few that run all year round and are at no cost to families. They include Amazon Smile, and Box Tops.
- Purchased a new Jefferson Elementary School sign for front of school
- Supply information and represent the PTA at the Fall Open House
- Provide Agenda Books for the 3rd and 4th grades.
- Present all incoming Kindergarten students with a T-shirt Welcome Gift.
- Fund all school field trips (including transportation) for each grade level.
- Provide Blue Daily Koala Folders for all students along with the first day of school package.
- Organize and provide a school directory.
- Organize Spirit Days throughout the year.
- Organize and coordinate the fourth grade slideshow, picnic, and gifts.
- Organize and coordinate Family Fun Nights throughout the school year including: Back to School Ice Cream Social, Trunk or Treat, Somerset Patriots Game, Winter Ball, Glow in the Dark Bingo, Read Across America, Spring Talent Show, Paint with my Gal, Build with My Guy and Parent's Vs. Students Kick Ball game.
- Coordinate PTA Meetings with guest speakers/special topics.
- Organize the Welcome Back and Teacher Appreciation Breakfast/Luncheons for Teachers and Staff as well as ongoing teacher/staff appreciation gifts throughout the year.
- Coordinated and ran the Children’s Holiday Gift Shop.
- Provide teacher’s vouchers of $50 per school year for classroom expenses.
- Developed and coordinated the Jefferson Yearbook.
- Coordinate and distribute the School Supply Kits.
- Organize the Fourth Grade Picnic.
- Assist the gym teachers and funded Field Day activities/refreshments.
- Conduct exciting fundraisers to help us support our goals including Harlem Wizards, Yankee Candle, Spiritwear, David’s Cookie Dough, School Magnets, boxtops, Kidstuff Books, Somerset Patriots Family Fun Night, Snack Sales, etc.
- Used Scholastic Dollars to purchase book for the Birthday table
- Provided water and snacks for the students during PARCC Testing.
- Funded Gym Achievement Incentives for students.
- Organized a school toner cartridge recycling program.
- Provide information and favors for incoming Kindergarten class during orientation including a Frequently Asked Questions.
- Organize and fund assemblies.
- Implemented the Crayon Initiative to recycle crayons.
- Raised over $100 for the Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation.
- Organized the Harlem Wizards Game and raised over $13,000 to go to The School Playground Fund for improvements.
Please register on Amazon Smile and shop off of that webpage to earn money for our school. All you have to do is shop off the Amazon Smile page and we recieve a percentage of the purchase back to our school!
Simply go to:
Register your organiztion:
Jefferson Elementary School
The Box Tops program has two main components through which you can earn cash for your school: Box Tops Coupons - Clip Box Tops coupons from hundreds of participating products found in your local grocery store and send them to your school. Your school earns 10¢ for each Box Top redeemed. Learn more about clipping Box Tops. Bonus opportunities – Enter sweepstakes and participate in other promotions to earn even more cash for your school! Learn more about this month's bonus opportunities.Throughout the school year, our coordinator will provide information regarding boxtop drives. Send in your collection of boxtops in a sandwich bag with your child's class. Please make sure to look at the expiration date on the boxtops!http://www.boxtops4education.com/