Parent Teacher Association
"Making a Difference in Children's Lives"
The Jefferson PTA was busy during the 2018-2019 school year!Here are some of this past year’s accomplishments that were achieved through PTA
The Jefferson Elementary PTA Executive Board would like to express our deepest gratitude for all our volunteers that ensured we met our goals and then some! "Volunteers don't get paid, not because they're worthless, but because they're priceless." ~Sherry AndersonTo achieve these goals, the PTA ran several fundraisers throughout the year. There are a few that run all year round and are at no cost to families. They include Amazon Smile, and Box Tops.
- Funded all school field trips including transportation for each grade level!
- Attended and provided information at the Fall Open House.
- Provided all incoming kindergarten students with a T-Shirt welcome gift.
- Provided Agenda Books for the 3rd and 4th grades.
- Provided Blue Daily Koala Folders for all students along with the first day of school package.
- Organized and provided a school directory.
- Organized Spirit Days throughout the year.
- Organized and coordinated the fourth grade slideshow, picnic, and gifts.
- Organized and coordinated Family Fun Nights throughout the school year including: Back to School Ice Cream Social, Trunk or Treat, Somerset Patriots GAme, Winter Ball, Glow in the Dark Bingo, Read Across America, Spring Talent Show, Paint with my Gal, Build with My Guy and Parent's Vs. Students Kick Ball game.
- Coordinated PTA Meetings with guest speakers/special topics.
- Organized the Welcome Back and Teacher Appreciation Breakfast/Luncheons for Teachers and Staff as well as ongoing teacher/staff appreciation gifts throughout the year.
- Coordinated and ran the Children’s Holiday Gift Shop.
- Provided teacher’s vouchers of $50 per school year for class room expenses.
- Developed and coordinated the Jefferson Yearbook.
- Coordinated and distributed the School Supply Kits.
- Organized the Fourth Grade Picnic.
- Assisted the gym teachers and funded Field Day activities/refreshments.
- Conducted successful fundraisers to help us support our goals including Harlem Wizards, Yankee Candle, Spiritwear, David’s Cookie Dough, School Magnets, boxtops, Kidstuff Books, Somerset Patriots Family Fun Night, Snack Sales, etc.
- Used Scholastic Dollars to purchase book for the Birthday table
- Provided water and snacks for the students during PARCC Testing.
- Funded Gym Achievement Incentives for students.
- Organized a school toner cartridge recycling program.
- Provided information and favors for incoming Kindergarten class during orientation including a Frequently Asked Questions.
- Organized and funded assemblies.
- Implemented the Crayon Initiative to recycle crayons.
- Raised over $100 for the Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation.
- Organized theHarlem Wizards Game and raised over $13,000 for a new school playground.
Please register on Amazon Smile and shop off of that webpage to earn money for our school. All you have to do is shop off the Amazon Smile page and we recieve a percentage of the purchase back to our school!
Simply go to:
Register your organiztion:
Jefferson Elementary School
The Box Tops program has two main components through which you can earn cash for your school: Box Tops Coupons - Clip Box Tops coupons from hundreds of participating products found in your local grocery store and send them to your school. Your school earns 10¢ for each Box Top redeemed. Learn more about clipping Box Tops. Bonus opportunities – Enter sweepstakes and participate in other promotions to earn even more cash for your school! Learn more about this month's bonus opportunities.Throughout the school year, our coordinator will provide information regarding boxtop drives. Send in your collection of boxtops in a sandwich bag with your child's class. Please make sure to look at the expiration date on the boxtops!http://www.boxtops4education.com/