Parent Teacher Association
"Making a Difference in Children's Lives"
The Jefferson PTA was busy during the 2017-2018 school year!Here are some of this past year’s accomplishments that were achieved through PTA
The Jefferson Elementary PTA Executive Board would like to express our deepest gratitude for all our volunteers that ensured we met our goals and then some! "Volunteers don't get paid, not because they're worthless, but because they're priceless." ~Sherry AndersonTo achieve these goals, the PTA ran several fundraisers throughout the year. There are a few that run all year round and are at no cost to families. They include Shoparoo, and Box Tops.
- Funded all school field trips including transportation for each grade level!
- Attended and provided information at the Fall Open House.
- Provided Agenda Books for the 3rd and 4th grades.
- Provided Blue Daily Koala Folders for all students along with the first day of school package.
- Organized and provided a new online school directory.
- Organized Spirit Days throughout the year.
- Organized and coordinated the fourth grade slideshow.
- Organized and oversaw the PTA Reflections Program.
- Organized and coordinated Family Fun Nights throughout the school year including: Back to School Ice Cream Social, Trunk or Treat, Somerset Patriots GAme, Winter Ball, Glow in the Dark Bingo, Read Across America, Spring Talent Show, Paint with my Gal, Build with My Guy and Parent's Vs. Students Kick Ball game.
- Coordinated PTA Meetings with guest speakers/special topics.
- Organized the Welcome Back and Teacher Appreciation Breakfast/Luncheons for Teachers and Staff as well as ongoing teacher/staff appreciation gifts throughout the year.
- Coordinated and ran the Children’s Holiday Gift Shop.
- Provided teacher’s vouchers of $50 per school year for class room expenses.
- Developed and coordinated the Jefferson Yearbook.
- Coordinated and distributed the School Supply Kits.
- Organized the Fourth Grade Picnic.
- Assisted the gym teachers and funded Field Day activities/refreshments.
- Conducted successful fundraisers to help us support our goals including Shop with Scrip, Spiritwear, David’s Cookie Dough, School Magnets, boxtops, labels for education, Kidstuff Books, Somerset Patriots Family Fun Night, Snack Sales, etc.
- Used Scholastic Dollars to purchase book for the Birthday table
- Provided water and snacks for the students during PARCC Testing.
- Funded Gym Achievement Incentives for students.
- Organized a school toner cartridge recycling program.
- Provided information and favors for incoming Kindergarten class during orientation including a Frequently Asked Questions.
- Organized and funded Rizzo's Wildlife and BMX assemblies.
- Implemented the Crayon Initiative to recycle crayons.
- Raised over $100 for the Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation.
- Organized the tricky trayand raised over $7,000 for a new school playground.
Please register on Amazon Smile and shop off of that webpage to earn money for our school. All you have to do is shop off the Amazon Smile page and we recieve a percentage of the purchase back to our school!
Simply go to:
Register your organiztion:
Jefferson Elementary School
The Box Tops program has two main components through which you can earn cash for your school: Box Tops Coupons - Clip Box Tops coupons from hundreds of participating products found in your local grocery store and send them to your school. Your school earns 10¢ for each Box Top redeemed. Learn more about clipping Box Tops. Bonus opportunities – Enter sweepstakes and participate in other promotions to earn even more cash for your school! Learn more about this month's bonus opportunities.Throughout the school year, our coordinator will provide information regarding boxtop drives. Send in your collection of boxtops in a sandwich bag with your child's class. Please make sure to look at the expiration date on the boxtops!http://www.boxtops4education.com/
This year we are excited to be partnering with a fun, free, and truly easy fundraiser called Shoparoo! Schools nationwide are already earning hundreds and even thousands every year through Shoparoo and it’s a great opportunity for us to really make a difference this year!
Shoparoo is school fundraising made easy: the free app turns pictures of your everyday shopping receipts into cash donations and sweepstakes entries for our school! Yep, it’s that simple. No more cutting labels, selling door to door, or time-consuming coordinating. All you have to do is shop as you normally do, snap pictures of your receipts with the app, and voila Just shop, snap, earn!
Get started today:
1. Download the free Shoparoo app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
2. Select our school from the list and start taking pictures of your receipts - shop anywhere, buy anything!
3. The first 20 supporters at our school will earn an extra $1 donation from Shoparoo for their first receipt!
4. Earn even more Roo Points, or cash donations, by inviting others to join using your personal referral code
5. You can even select a grade to support and have fun with grade competitions!
There’s no limit to how much money we can raise with Shoparoo - the more supporters, the more we will raise for our school. Schools with just 40 supporters are earning an average of $1,000 every year. That’s free, easy money that we could be fundraising too. Check out shoparoo.com to learn more about this awesome app!
Thank you for your support!