SMART TUITION - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When do you pay? The school will accept payments on the 15th of every month.
How do you pay? There are two available options for you to choose from:
- Automatic Debit (aka – ACH) from your checking or savings account, or from your credit card. Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express cards are accepted. A 2.65% convenience fee will be assessed to the payer for all credit card transactions. There is no convenience fee for auto-debit payers.
- Payment by mail to SMART TUITION (checks or money order payable to SMART TUITION). SMART TUITION does not accept cash payments. On your check, in the memo section, please include your 13 digit SMART TUITION account ID. This number starts with
Is there a fee to sign up with SMART TUITION?
Yes, there is a one-time $50 admin fee billed and collected with your first payment. This fee is for:
- relieved administrative burden to the school so that they can continue to focus on the exemplary educational services for your children.
- 24/7/365 live agent call center support.
- SMART’s state-of-the-art parent website with secure online payment capability as well as detailed/printable views of account payment history.
- SMART’s mobile app (for updated account history review and payment capability).
Additional methods of payment.
- A payment can be made through the SMART TUITION secure website.
- A payment can be made over the phone by calling SMART TUITION’s toll free customer service line at 1-888-868-8828.
- Online payment initiated from your bank or financial institution. Please note that your financial institution does not electronically transfer the payment over to SMART TUITION. They will mail a check to SMART TUITION. To ensure your payment is received on time, please set up your online bill pay to occur 7-10 days before your due date.
How do I get billed?
If the primary account holder elects to make payments through the mail, SMART TUITION will mail the invoice approximately 20 days before your due date. If an automatic debit from a checking, savings, or credit card account has been selected, you will receive a welcome letter at the beginning of the school year and reminder email each month. These emails are sent approximately 10 days before your scheduled due date and will contain the debit amount. Your complete billing information will be available online. It is NOT shared with the school or any 3rd party vendors.
Can I switch my payment method?
Your payment method may be changed by contacting SMART TUITION’s parent support center, your school’s business office or on our secure website. A minimum of 3 business days notice is required to make changes or updates to your payment method.
What happens if there is a late payment?
SMART TUITION will contact the primary account holder by telephone and email if a payment is not received, in full, by the due date selected. A $40 fee may be assessed to your account if it is not made current.
What happens if a payment fails?
In the event that your payment fails, a $30 Bank Fee will be posted to your account.
How do I access my account information?
You may access your account, at any time, by going to the SMART TUITION website. Once your account is established, you will receive your unique username and password by mail upon activation. By going to SMART TUITION’s website at http://www.parent.smarttuition.com you will be able to view all activity and personal information.
How do I call if I have a question about my account?
If you have any questions regarding your account activity or are in need of assistance, contact the SMART Parent Support Center at 1-888-868-8828. The SMART Parent Support Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.