RCS Preschool Health Requirements for School Admission
Dates must be provided and signed by your physician and attached to the physical exam prior to your child being permitted to enter school. The exception being the influenza vaccination, to be submitted between September 1st and December 31st.
All Preschool Health Requirements can be found in the Preschool Registration Packet.
- DTaP/DTP - Four (4) doses of DTaP/DPT
- Polio - Three (3) doses of Polio vaccine
- Measles - One (1) dose of Measles-containing vaccine given on or after 1st birthday (preferably MMR)
- Mumps - One (1) Mumps vaccine given on or after the 1st birthday (part of MMR)
- Rubella - One (1) Rubella vaccine given on or after the 1st birthday (part of MMR)
- Hib - One (1) dose of Haemophilus B vaccine (DTP/Hib or Hib/Hep B also valid Hib doses) after the age of one year (usually have three)
- Varicella - One (1) Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine given on or after 1st birthday
- Hepatitis B - Required for entrance to Kindergarten
- Influenza - One (1) vaccination is required between September 1st and December 31st of that year for all preschool students age six months to 59 months
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine - One (1) dose of PCV on or after their 1st birthday
- Recent Physical - Certifying your child's health status done within one (1) year of the student's date of entry into the school. Physical must be done on the Universal Child Health Record form.
Children with additional medical needs such as asthma or seizures need to have completed Action Plans on file from the physician. Templates of these action plans can be found here.
In compliance with N.J.A.C. 18-A:40-4, each student must obtain a physical examination upon entry in school. This examination must be done no more than 365 days prior to entry and must state what, if any, modifications are required for full participation in the school program.
Chapter 14 NJ State Sanitary Code N.J.A.C. 8:57-4.2 Proof of Immunization - a principal, director or other person in charge of a school, preschool, or child care facility shall not knowingly admit or retain any child whose parent or guardian has not submitted acceptable evidence of the child's immunization, according to the schedules specified in this subchapter.