STEMRox Tech Club: Summer Edition - Summer 2020
STEMRox Tech Club - Force ChallengeThis program focuses on the forces of nature and the structures that work against them. Each day will present a new challenge and force to explore. This will develop students' abilities to work with time and material constraints while strengthening design, planning, and communication skills.
DATES/TIMES: July 20-July 24, 2020 (Monday-Friday) - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (4 hours)
- Day 1: Towers and Bridges - While using household materials, students will explore gravity, tension, and compression to build towers and bridges in various competitions.
- Day 2: Boats - Develop boats for ultimate capacity, speed, and survival. Create different models of boats from clay, duct tape, and other household materials to compete in various challenges.
- Day 3: Cars - Design and build a rubber band powered race car to compete in a derby against fellow students.
- Day 4: Planes - A spin on paper airplanes: build model bi-planes out of paper and balsa wood that can soar 300 feet.
- Day 5: Rockets - Defy gravity by building a model rocket that will soar 1,000 feet into the sky in a thrilling end to the week.
LOCATION: Eisenhower Middle School, Rm# 25
AGES/GRADES: Grades 4-7 (as of Sept 2020)
COST: $175 for the weekDifficulty registering?Try using Google Chrome or Firefox or click here to download a registration form.
STEMRox Tech Club - Cardboard CarnivalBring the creativity and magic of a carnival to life through 3D design. Students will plan, develop, and build a carnival using cardboard, recyclable materials, forces of motion, and ingenuity. Each day students will be creating a new element of the carnival that will be held for their peers at the end of the week.DATES/TIMES: July 27-July 31, 2020 (Monday-Friday) - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (4 Hours)LOCATION: Eisenhower Middle School, Rm# 25 and 31AGES/GRADES: Grades 4-7 (as of Sept 2020)COST: $175 for the weekCAMP INSTRUCTOR: STEMRox - Susanna Rodgers (LRS Science Teacher and LRS Tech Club Instructor)MISSON: Due to the great success of Tech Club at Lincoln/Roosevelt School, Tech Club Summer Edition will continue to provide opportunities to explore STEAM projects in two, fun-packed weeks over the summer. Each unique program provides students of all abilities, from novice to expert engineers, a chance to develop program-solving skills of the 21st century. Students build, explore, and test their creations through exciting challenges with peers by their side. This is a safe place to learn from mistakes, try a new skill, build memories, and make new friends.
The Roxbury Community School is self-sufficient and a course/program must pay for itself. If there are not enough registrants, the course/program will be cancelled. The Coordinator reserves the right to remove from class those individuals who have not paid tuition.There are no refunds for winter, spring, summer, or fall courses/camps AFTER the program starts. All cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com at least seven days prior to the start of the class for a refund. After that date, there will be no refunds.If you have questions or problems regarding this program or registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.