Kidz Kraftz Camp (Grades K-5) - Summer 2020
Camp for Children in Grades K-5!
Roxbury and non-Roxbury Residents Welcome!
Do your kids love arts and crafts, cooking, and yoga? If so, why not fill their summer with fun at our Kidz Kraftz camp?! Your child will explore all mediums of crafts including silk dyeing, paper making, ceramics, weaving, soap making, and candle making. In cooking class, we will learn how to make bread, fresh butter, cookies, and so much more! Yoga classes will be filled with games, learning how to meditate, and basic asana. Each week will have different crafts and cooking sessions.
Please note camps are based on the age/grade the child will be in come September 2020.
Camp MUST have a minimum of 6 students each week in order to run.
Children will have aprons during the painting sessions. However, spills and accidents do happen, so please be sure to dress your child in "play clothes" in case the paint gets on their clothes.
INSTRUCTOR INFORMATION: Ros Gourvitz is the owner of The Art Diner. She has always been a crafter. From making her own jewelry to ceramics to scrapbooking. She thrives on creating one of a kind pieces to share with the world. She lives in Randolph, NJ with her husband and three kids.
7/10/2020 - DUE TO SUMMER CAMP RESTRICTIONS, THESE CAMPS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED.
- Week 1: Under the Sea - (Monday-Friday) July 6-10, 2020
- Week 2: Off to the Circus - (Monday-Friday) July 13-17, 2020
- Week 3: Out of this World - (Monday-Friday) July 20-24, 2020
- Week 4: Wild West - (Monday-Friday) July 27-31, 2020
- Week 5: Fairytale Favorites - (Monday-Friday) August 3-7, 2020
- Week 6: Let's Go Fly a Kite - (Monday-Friday) August 10-14, 2020
- Morning Section Only - 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (4 Hours/Day)
- Afternoon Section Only - 1:00 p.m. to 5 p.m. (4 Hours/Day)
- Full-Day Option - 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (9 Hours/Day)
- Week 1: Under the Sea - Our first week of camp starts out with crafts, cooking, and sea-themed Fuzzy Buddies. Some crafts that we will create together are Sea Creature Crayon Melting on canvases and Seashell Necklaces. Colding Cooking: Octopus Cupcake Decorating and Mermaid Treats. Each day kids will work on their sea-themed Fuzzy Buddies stuffed animal sewing projects. They will be sent home with their projects at the end of the week.
- Week 2: Off to the Circus - Week 2 will be all about the Big Tops! Crafts will include Juggling Balls and Cotton Candy Slime. Cold Cooking projects include: Circus Snack Mix and Get Your Tickets Cookie Decorating
- Week 3: Out of this World (Space-Themed) - In Week 3, we will blast off into outer space! Crafts will include a Glass Jar Nebula and a Marbled Planet Wall Hanging. Cold Cooking projects will include Alien Cupcakes and Astronaut Pudding. We will make some cool-looking aliens in our Fuzzy Buddies classes!
- Week 4: Wild West - Step back in time in Week 4! Crafts will include Desert Sunset Painting and Mini Faux Leather Teepees. In the Cold Cooking classes, we will make Butter making. In Fuzzy Buddies, we will be sewing our own cowboys/cowgirls, Indians, horses, and cows.
- Week 5: Fairytale Favorites - In Week 5, we will dive into some of our favorite fairytales. Crafts include a Fairy Garden and Gemstone Soapy. Cooking projects will include Snow White's Apply Rice Crispy Treats and Unicorn Toast. Kids will have a choice either a Dragon Tooth Fairy Pillow or a Unicorn Tooth Fairy Pillow in the Fuzzy Buddies classes.
- Week 6: Let's Go Fly a Kite - Come outside and enjoy the beautiful breeze in Week 6. Crafts include: A Popsicle Stick Suncatcher and a Japanese Carp Kite Windsock. Cooking projects will include: Let's Go Fly a S'mores, Kite Flying Fruit Sculptures. In Fuzzy Buddies, we will make Decorative Wall Kits.
- $275 per child per week per section
- $550 per child per week for the full-day option.
LOCATION: Kennedy School, Rooms 9 and 10
The Roxbury Community School is self-sufficient and a course/program must pay for itself. If there are not enough registrants, the course/program will be cancelled. The Coordinator reserves the right to remove from class those individuals who have not paid tuition.
There are no refunds for winter, spring, summer, or fall courses/camps AFTER the program starts. All cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com at least seven days prior to the start of the class for a refund. After that date, there will be no refunds.
If you have questions or problems regarding this program or registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.