Kindergarten Registration for the 2019/2020 School Year
Kindergarten Registration for Roxbury Township Public Schools for 2019/2020
ROXBURY, NJ (December 18, 2018) -- Roxbury Township Public Schools, a K-12 school district preparing the children of today for tomorrow, has set its Kindergarten registration dates for the 2019/2020 school year. Children must be five years old on or before October 1, 2019, to participate. Parents must bring their child's original birth certificate, a record of immunizations, and three proofs of residency at the time of registration. Check out the Roxbury Parent's Guide for Kindergarten.
Learn about entry requirements, transportation, and seats available by reading the Full-Day Kindergarten Program details.
What To Do:
- Call the school to make an appointment. School numbers are listed below by their schedules.
- Go online and access the Roxbury School District Registration site. Please be sure to select the 2019-20 school year when registering. Registration Instructions - Download
- Follow the What To Bring checklist below to be prepared for your appointment.
What To Bring:
1) Residency Documentation: As proof of student residency, please provide at least ONE document listed in category A and at least TWO documents listed in Category B. Please refer to Policy and Regulation 5111, Eligibility of Resident/Non-Resident Pupils for additional information.
Category A - at least ONE of the following documents:
- The most recent real estate tax bill for my residence showing me as the taxpayer.
- A signed lease or deed for my residence (should list names of all family members residing at the residence)
- A closing statement for the purchase of residence
- A notarized affidavit (statement) from the owner of my residence and (a notarized affidavit from) myself stating that I reside at that residence on a full-time basis. Affidavits are available here.
Category B - at least TWO of the following documents that show your current address:
- Gas, electric, or water bill dated within the past three (3) months (dated within 30 days)
- Home/apartment insurance certificate (dated within 30 days)
- First class mail/letter from State or Federal agencies dated within the past three (3) months (dated within 30 days)
- Bank statement dated within the past sixty (60) days (dated within 30 days)
2) Original birth certificate
3) Valid Driver's license or Non-Driver photo identification card from NJ Motor Vehicles Commission
4) Updated immunization record from your child's doctor
5) Documentation of physical (on the district-provided Universal Health Form) - Download it here.
Registrations are done by appointment only. Appointments can be made beginning Monday, January 7, 2019.
FRANKLIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Appointments can be made by calling 973-584-5549)
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 9:30-11:30 a.m., 12:30-3:00 p.m., and 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-3:00 p.m.
JEFFERSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Appointments can be made by calling 973-584-8955)
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - 9:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 12:30-3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 9:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m., 12:30-3:00 p.m., and 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 29, 2019 - 9:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 12:30-3:00 p.m.
KENNEDY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Appointments can be made by calling 973-584-3938)
- Thursday, March 7, 2019 - 9:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Friday, March 8, 2019 - 9:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
NIXON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Appointments can be made by calling 973-398-2564)
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 9:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. and 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 9:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.