Roxbury Community School BASES - 2020/2021 Calendar
RCS BASES - Schedule Information
2020/2021 Schedule and Extended Care
The Roxbury Community School Before and After School Enrichment Services (RCS B.A.S.E.S.) provides quality care for children in grades Kindergarten through Sixth. All K-6 B.A.S.E.S. programs offer care for children during out-of-school hours between 6:45 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on normally scheduled school days. Early dismissal care for parent/teacher conferences and half days before a holiday break are also included in the regular schedule for those enrolled in the Afternoon B.A.S.E.S.
Tentative Recess Days - The Roxbury Township Board of Education's calendar builds in five (5) emergency days. If any of these days are used, the normal extended care will take place at every site. See the Holiday Fun Schedule regarding unused tentative recess days.
Extended Care Dates include*:
- Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences - Monday, October 26 thru Thursday, October 29
- Half-Day Before Thanksgiving Break - Wednesday, November 25
- Half-Day Before Winter Break - Wednesday, December 23
- Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences - Monday, April 19 thru Thursday, April 22
- End of Year - Monday, June 21 thru Tuesday, June 22
* RCS B.A.S.E.S. is open on all half days until 6:00 p.m.
The last day of RCS B.A.S.E.S. is Tuesday, June 22.
Click here to view the school district's calendar.
2020/2021 Holiday Fun Schedule
For the school holidays listed below, we offer care from 6:45 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at Jefferson Elementary School located at 35 Cornhollow Road, Succasunna, NJ. The programs are run by our childcare staff and feature special activities including arts and crafts, games, indoor and outdoor play, field trips, and guest presentations. Children are asked to bring their own snacks and lunch on these dates. Registration and payment are required in advance to reserve your child's spot. There will be a minimal fee for the Holiday Fun Schedules.
All dates require sufficient enrollment. If a program fills, a waitlist will be enabled and we will do our best to accommodate more children.
Tentative Recess Days* - The Roxbury Township Board of Education's calendar builds in five (5) emergency days. If no snow days are used per that schedule, B.A.S.E.S. will run on a Holiday Schedule on those dates.
*If families register for a Tentative Recess Day in advance and we end up using a snow day where the students will now be a session, credits will be made to your account.
Holiday Fun Dates:
- Yom Kippur - Monday, September 28
- Teacher In-Service Day - Monday, October 12
- NJEA Convention - Thursday, November 5 and Friday, November 6
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Monday, January 18
- Tentative Recess Date (if no snow day is used) - Monday, February 8
- Teacher In-Service Day - Friday, February 12
- President's Day - Monday, February 15
- Tentative Recess Date (if no snow day is used) - Friday, March 19
- Tentative Recess Date (if no snow day is used) - Monday, March 22
- Tentative Recess Date (if no snow day is used) - Monday, March 29
- Spring Break - Monday, April 5 thru Friday, April 9
- Tentative Recess Date (if no snow day is used) - Friday, May 28
2020/2021 Dates RCS B.A.S.E.S. is NOT in Session
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7
- Thanksgiving Break - Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27
- Winter Break/New Year's Day - Thursday, December 24 thru Friday, January 1
- Good Friday - Friday, April 2
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 31