This program is open to ALL Roxbury AND non-Roxbury residents.
DATE: Session (Fall) - Tuesday, December 4, 2018
DATE: Session (Spring) - Monday, March 18, 2019 - CANCELED 3/14/19
TIME: 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Roxbury High School, Room # A105
INSTRUCTOR: The Community School is partnering with www.VoiceCoaches.com to provide this workshop. Visit their website to learn more about their instructors. Voice Coaches is exclusively dedicated to providing education in the dramatic arts.
Maximum: 25 students
Description: Getting Paid to Talk is an introduction to professional voice-overs.
What it is:
- A 2-1/2 hour class designed as an upbeat and realistic assessment of the voice-over industry including areas of growth, unique opportunities, common pitfalls, and mistakes.
- Designed specifically for adults. Though older children are welcome with parental accompaniment, the material is designed with an adult perspective.
- A great class for anyone who has been told they have a good voice; those who use their voices prominently in their occupations; people with music or theater background; or anyone who is interested in how voice-overs work and how people get started.
What it isn't:
- A class about public speaking, English as a second language, or improving communication skill.
- A class that will completely prepare you to work as a professional voice actor (it takes time!)
- A class limited to positives. Though upbeat, this presentation is realistic.
- A place to drop your children off while you go shopping.
*The Roxbury Community School is self-sufficient and a course/program must pay for itself. If there are not enough registrants, the course/program will be cancelled. If you have questions or problems registering for this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.