The full version of the brochure is availablebelow for you to download and share withpotential home buyers and others with an interest in Roxbury.
Welcome, New Roxbury Residents!
Roxbury Township School District offers smaller class sizes and individual attention along with a variety of extra-curricular opportunities and a range of honors, advanced placement and college-preparatory courses.
The Roxbury Township Public Schools, a dynamic and thriving district, in partnership with a supportive and collaborative community, inspires and empowers all learners to flourish as ethical and global citizens in the 21st century.
Size and LocationThe Roxbury Township School District is located in Morris County, approximately 36 miles west-northwest of New York City, 12.8 miles west-northwest of Morristown, New Jersey and 26 miles east of the Delaware Water Gap on the border of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Approximately 23,000 residents in the towns of Landing, Lower Berkshire Valley, Kenvil, Succasunna, Ledgewood, and Port Morris, live within the district’s 22-square mile boundary. Students who live in Mt. Arlington, and parts of Wharton and Flanders send their students to attend High School in Roxbury.In 2011, Roxbury became the first community in the state to be honored as one of America’s Promise 100 Best Communities for Young People, thanks to its dedication to youth. The Township operates more than 200 programs to serve the children within its boundaries. In 2014, Safewise.com ranked Roxbury No. 42 in its list of 50 Safest Cities in New Jersey.
- Served 3,750 students in the 2014-2015 school year
- 94 percent graduation rate for RHS
- 86 percent of students are enrolled in college within 16 months after high school
- 2014 pupil per teacher ratio: 13:1
- Choice district for the Visual and Performing Arts
- The RHS Marching Band was presented with New Jersey’s first Sudler Flag of Honor in 2012, recognizing the school’s high standard of excellence
- Technologically progressive: WiFi in all schools; 1:1 Chromebook Initiative for grades 7-11, iPad carts in each school
- Encompasses seven school buildings: Franklin Elementary School, (K-4), Jefferson Elementary School (K-4), Kennedy Elementary School (K-4), Nixon Elementary School (K-4), Lincoln-Roosevelt Elementary School (5-6), Eisenhower Middle School (7-8) and Roxbury High School (9-12)