Policies and Refund Requests
Social Media Policy
During Community School programs, arrangements are made to take pictures, video, or live-post to social media sites. School personnel, a media student, or a newspaper photographer may obtain content for use in local media, in district and/or student publications/outlets to showcase the wonderful things happening within the district. Students and/or participants names may be included, especially in a caption of a picture containing their likeness. By completing registration forms, you agree to participate or have your child participate.
A receipt may not be given when registering. You may print a receipt of your registration after it is complete. If you need a receipt for tax purposes, please email the Community School (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please provide your child(ren)'s name, school, dates participated, and program name.
There are no refunds for winter, spring, summer, or fall courses/camps AFTER the program starts. All cancellations must be received in writing at least seven (7) days prior to the start of the program for a refund. After that date, there will be no refunds.
Registration fees for Preschool, Applied Music, and other programs are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Programs cancelled due to low enrollment will be refunded. Refunds to those who paid via credit card will be done electronically first, if possible. If the credit card process date is past 60 days, your refund will be processed through Accounts Payable. Those who paid via check and/or cash will also receive a refund through Accounts Payable in the Business Office. You will need to provide a copy of the FRONT and BACK of your endorsed check in order to begin the refund process. Check refunds from the Business Office may take up to three to four months due to Board of Education policies.
There is a $35 service charge for returned checks.
Summer Camp Refunds - All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Community School (email@example.com) - Deposits will not be refunded for any reason.
In the following cases, a refund WILL NOT be given:
- For any summer camp program after the dates listed above.
- After a program has started
- For one-session workshops/events
- Dismissal from a program/event/workshop due to behavioral misconduct by the participant/student
Ski & Snowboard Club
Notice of Conditions - Please note that skiing/snowboarding is a hazardous activity which may result in injury or death. Parents should be aware that on Roxbury ski club trips, there are times when advisors and/or chaperones will not be with each and every student as they ski and get on and off lifts.
Ski Club Refunds - Requests for RCS registration fee refunds must be made in writing to the Community School (firstname.lastname@example.org) by no later than November 30th for the upcoming ski season. Requests made after that date will not be considered.
Insurance and Injuries:
- Each student must be adequately covered by his/her own insurance.
- School insurance will not cover any injuries occurring on the slopes.
- If an injury occurs on the slopes and the need arises, it will be the parents' responsibility to pick up the injured child at the ski area.
- In case of serious injury, the child will be transported to the hospital where the parents or a blood relative over 18 years of age must meet the child.
- Your child must know how and where to reach you on trip nights.
- Ski staff cannot be with your child at all times.
Shawnee Mountain Refund Policy:
- Pro-rated refunds for medical reasons or injury only, whether before or after start of program. Refund requests of any kind will not be considered thereafter. Bonus, free 6th trip not included in refund calculations. Refunds may take up to six (6) weeks to process. Refunds must be routed through the Community School, not Group Sales. A doctor's note must be given to the Community in order to start the refund process with the mountain.
- There will be a $25 processing charge for ALL refunds over $50. Refunds up to and including $50 will be issued in the form of a Shawnee Mountain gift card.
Camelback Credit Policy
- Only pro-rated refunds are issued for club members who have been injured during the course of the program. Parents must contact the Community School (email@example.com) and supply a doctor's note. Prepaid ID cards must be returned to the Community School or RHS Ski Advisor before a refund can be processed. Refunds are issued in the manner in which they were paid and sent directly to the source of payment. Refunds are not immediate. Please allow 4-6 weeks to process. There are no refunds if personal equipment is purchased after payment has been made.
Registration forms and payments WILL NOT and CANNOT be transferred to another program once the program has started for any reason. Program transfer requests must be made in writing to the Community School (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least two (2) weeks prior to the start of the program for scheduling purposes.
Children with Specialized Learning Plans
Parents with children with specialized learning plans should contact Special Services at 973-584-4232 to discuss with them whether the Roxbury Community School programs are an appropriate environment.
Hold Harmless, Indemnity and Release
Participation in Community School activities is at your own risk and medical personnel are not present during programs. The Roxbury Township Board of Education assumes no liability.
In consideration of permission for you and your child to voluntarily participate in any Roxbury Community School program, you, your heirs, personal representatives or assigns, agree to defend, hold harmless, indemnify and release the Roxbury Community School, and their officers, employees, agents, and volunteers, from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action of any sort on account of damage to personal property, or personal injury, or death which may result from you or your child's participation in the any Roxbury Community School programs.
This release includes claims based on the negligence of the Roxbury Community School, and their officers, employees, agents, and volunteers, but expressly does not include claims based on their intentional misconduct or gross negligence.
By participating in any Roxbury Community School program, you understand and agree that this waiver covers each and every Roxbury Community School activity, event, and/or trip in which you, your child, or group participates.