Workshop - Getting Paid to Talk
* * CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW! * *Difficulty registering?Try using Google Chrome or Firefox or click here to download a registration form.This program is open to ALL Roxbury AND non-Roxbury residents.UPCOMING DATE(S)/SESSION(S):
TIME: 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.LOCATION: Roxbury High School, Room # A105INSTRUCTOR: The Community School is partnering with www.VoiceCoaches.com to provide this workshop. Visit their website to learn more about their instructors. Voice Coaches is exclusively dedicated to providing education in the dramatic arts.COST: $15Maximum: 25 studentsDescription: Getting Paid to Talk is an introduction to professional voice-overs.What it is:
- Spring Session - Monday, April 20, 2020 -- CANCELLED 4/7 (COVID-19 CLOSURES)
- Summer Session - Thursday, August 6, 2020
What it isn't:
- A 2-1/2 hour class designed as an upbeat and realistic assessment of the voice-over industry including areas of growth, unique opportunities, common pitfalls, and mistakes.
- Designed specifically for adults. Though older children are welcome with parental accompaniment, the material is designed with an adult perspective.
- A great class for anyone who has been told they have a good voice; those who use their voices prominently in their occupations; people with music or theater background; or anyone who is interested in how voice-overs work and how people get started.
The Roxbury Community School is self-sufficient and a course/program must pay for itself. If there are not enough registrants, the course/program will be cancelled. The Coordinator reserves the right to remove from class those individuals who have not paid tuition.
- A class about public speaking, English as a second language, or improving communication skill.
- A class that will completely prepare you to work as a professional voice actor (it takes time!)
- A class limited to positives. Though upbeat, this presentation is realistic.
- A place to drop your children off while you go shopping.
There are no refunds for winter, spring, summer, or fall courses/camps AFTER the program starts. All cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com at least seven days prior to the start of the class for a refund. After that date, there will be no refunds.
If you have questions or problems regarding this program or registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.