The first and most important step toward success is the feeling that we can succeed.
Our entire staff will work toward ensuring that all Lincoln Roosevelt students believe they can succeed.
Mr. Jack Curtis
Mrs. Ann Marie Clebak
Mr. Chris Argenziano
Dear Lincoln Roosevelt Parents:
I hope everyone is having a relaxing and enjoyable summer! As you are all aware, the “Back to School” ads are in full swing (actually, they have been running since the week we got out of school in June) and you know what that means! It’s almost time for your child’s favorite day of the year – Day one of school and the excitement of doing all that homework and getting back in the swing of going to bed earlier, getting up earlier, getting into the studying routine, and saying goodbye to those lazy, carefree days of July and August!
What could be better in the eyes of a ten year old than the return to school?
Ready or not, school will begin for Lincoln Roosevelt Students on Thursday, September 4th. We are all eager to see our students smiling, happy faces as they embark on what we hope will be a tremendous school year full of great achievements and new experiences.
In order to streamline the back to school paperwork, the district has automated many of the letters and forms on both the district website and in the Genesis parent portal. It is very important that you read through the required documents included on those two locations and complete the required information through the Genesis parent portal.
School bus route information and class placement will be available through the Genesis parent portal beginning on Monday, August 25th. Please note class placement information will not be available if you have not completed the acknowledgement of the required documents in Genesis. This is a district rule and we must follow the mandate.
If you need assistance in accessing the Parent Portal, please call the main office at 973-584-4331. Short training videos are available for some portions on the website to assist you in finding and signing off on the required documents.
1. Welcome Letter from Mr. Curtis - Must be acknowledged through the Genesis parent portal. Click on the check box in the parent portal to acknowledge your receipt of the letter. (video on finding documents)
2. Code of Conduct - Must be acknowledged through the Genesis parent portal. Click on the check box in the parent portal to acknowledge your receipt of the code of conduct.
3. Cell Phone Permission Form - Must be acknowledged through the Genesis parent portal. Click on the check box in the parent portal to indicate your permission for your child to have his/her cell phone at school in his/her backpack only. If you do not give permission for your child to have his/her cell phone at school, leave the check box blank.
4. Emergency Contact Information - Instead of completing an emergency contact card, parents will need to update emergency contacts in Genesis. (video)
5. Acceptable Use Policy for Grades 5-12 - Must be acknowledged through the Genesis parent portal. Click on the check box in the parent portal to indicate your agreement with the Acceptable Use Policy. If you do not agree to the Acceptable Use Policy leave the check box blank. This would mean your child will be unable to use any technology in the school, including participation in computer class.
6. District Media Consent Form - Must be acknowledged through the Genesis parent portal. Click on the check box in the parent portal to acknowledge your agreement to grant permission to acknowledge my child’s achievements, activities, and/or event participation, through media, websites, publicity, presentations and/or within school and/or district and community presentation venues. If you do not want to grant permission, leave the check box blank.
7. Back to School Success Letter - Informational letter from Mr. Curtis and an article on Back-to-school success.
8. Self-Guided Tour - Flyer for students to attend a Self-Guided tour of Lincoln Roosevelt School with an adult on Wednesday, August 27th anytime between 9 am and 1 pm.
9. Family Life Curriculum - Information about the Family Life Curriculum taught during health and what to do if you want your child excused from parts of the program.
10. Label and Box Top Program Fundraisers - Letter from Mr. Curtis explaining the label and box top programs offered by General Mills and Campbell's and how to participate.
11. Seatbelt Reminder Letter - Letter from Mr. Curtis explaining the importance of students using seatbelts while passengers on school buses.
12. McCloskey Insurance Coverage Letter - Letter from Mr. Curtis explaining student accident insurance.
13. Roxbury Community School Information -
14. Lunch Letter from Whitsons - Welcome back letter explaining how to access their website for information such as menus.
15. Nutrition News from Whitsons - July newsletter from Whitsons Food Services.
18. Notice about Sharing Information with Medicaid or NJ FamilyCare for Free/Reduced Lunch Applicants in English and Spanish - If you do not want your information shared, you must print out this letter, sign it and send it in with your child's Free/Reduced Lunch Application on the first day of school.
Here are some dates that you might want to mark on your calendar:
Wednesday, August 27th from 9 AM to 1 PM – There is a Lincoln Roosevelt walk through. You are invited to walk through the school to allow your child to see where their homeroom is located and get a sense of the general layout of the school. Please remember that all students need to be accompanied by an adult. Also, please keep in mind that there may be teachers working in their classrooms as you are visiting the school. This is not a time for a conference to take place! Teachers are attempting to get their rooms ready for school and if they have to stop 20 times for a five minute conversation with visiting parents, little or no work on the room is going to get accomplished. Please, just say hi and allow the teacher to get his/her work done! Thank you for understanding!
Thursday, September 4th – The first day of school for students. It will be a full day of school.
Thursday, September 18th – Lincoln Roosevelt’s Back to School Night. We hope to see you there!
Thursday, September 25th – No School – Rosh Hashanah
REMINDER – Lincoln Roosevelt School Hours
Students enter the building at 8:27 a.m. If you are dropping off a student, please do not drop him/her off any earlier than 8:27. Students will not be permitted in the building prior to 8:27 because there is no assigned supervision for students before that time. School is dismissed at 2:58 p.m. If you are picking your child up at the end of the day, please be prompt.
· A request from the principal! Every day we have many, many calls to the office just prior to dismissal from parents who are requesting to pick up their child prior to the 2:58 dismissal time. We need to curtail these requests. Every time we get such a call it necessitates an intercom call to the classroom to inform the child that they are not to take the bus but are to report to the office for dismissal. This is not only time-consuming for the folks in the office, but it interrupts any classroom instruction that may be going on at that time. As you can imagine, dismissing 600 students in a safe and organized manner is no easy task! Trying to focus attention on a slew of impromptu requests for other dismissal procedures makes dismissal difficult and sometimes results in miscommunication.
Please know that you must have reregistered your child if he/she is entering grade 5. The deadline for doing so was August 8th. No school information, (placement and bus), will be available unless the re-registration has been completed! The child will not be permitted in school until that paperwork is completed!
Students entering sixth grade must have the required medical immunization records (meningitis vaccination and booster for tetanus), completed and turned in to the Lincoln Roosevelt Main Office. The deadline for turning in the medical records is August 15th. No sixth grade student will be allowed in school without the proper medical records being supplied.
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Mad Science at Lincoln - Roosevelt
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM Honors Choir
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Young Rembradts at Lincoln - Roosevelt
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Mad Science at Lincoln - Roosevelt
7:30 PM Board of Education Meeting