Roxbury Community School Preschool Program
2020/2021 Registration is now Open!
Prior/current RCS Preschool families will have preference for open spots until February 1, 2020.
As of August 2020, registrations are still be accepted for two classes of the RCS Preschool.
For September and October, the program will run Tuesday to Friday at the scheduled times. Tuition is pro-rated during this time since there will be no instruction (virtual or in-person) on Mondays.
- Download and Complete the Preschool Registration Packet
- Download and Complete the Emergency Card
- Download and Read the 2020/2021 Parent Handbook
- Pay deposit and non-refundable registration fee to the Roxbury Community School
- Return all medical forms. A meeting may be required with the school nurse regarding student health records/issues.
- Required Action Plans for respective medical conditions (i.e., Anaphylaxis, Asthma, Seizures, etc.)
All enrollment information and payments need to be returned to the Roxbury Community School located on the 2nd Floor of the Roxbury Board of Education Building at 42 North Hillside Avenue, Succasunna, NJ 07876. Questions regarding this program? Email email@example.com.
Please be advised, if your child is age 5 before October 1, 2020, and you reside in Roxbury, you have to register them for Kindergarten. As Kindergarten is not mandatory in NJ, your age 5 child may not be enrolled in Kindergarten the following year but placed in first grade instead per board policy 5112.
The Roxbury Community School Preschool program is a tuition-based program open to children ages 3-5 (as of October 1st). The preschool program is housed within a district elementary school in Roxbury Township. Our program incorporates activities within the classroom based on the children's individual learning styles. Our goal is to provide an enriched preschool environment that meets the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive needs of all students.
Our integrated preschool design offers children the opportunity to learn and play with age-appropriate peers. While teachers focus on individual student goals, the classroom environment will assist in developing a culture of respect and acceptance of others' differences.
Who We Serve
- Children ages 3 to 5 years old (non-Roxbury residents are also welcome!)
- Children must be at least 3 years old by October 1, 2019
- Children must be fully toilet-trained
- Children must have current physical and all required immunizations
- Full day schedule from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Five-day program, Monday through Friday
- Extended day options available
- Located within a district elementary school in Roxbury Township.
- Part of the school culture with PTA memberships, school assemblies, parades, spirit week, etc.
- Preschool program runs congruently with the district calendar
Part of the School District
- Part of a full-day Kindergarten school district (collaboration with Kindergarten teachers occurs regularly)
- Part of a technologically progressive district with SmartBoards, Chromebooks, and iPads
- Field Trips
A Curriculum that Strives for Excellence
- Focus on active, creative learning
- Certified teachers and highly-qualified instructional assistants who specialize in early childhood education
- Small class sizes with low student-to-teacher ratios
- Interdisciplinary, differentiated instruction
- Curriculum aligned with Core Content Standards for Preschool and Common Core
- Developmentally appropriate practice through Creative Curriculum model
- Best practice based on NAEYC guidelines
- An academic concentration that focuses on foundational skills essential for Kindergarten
Our preschool program teaches the developmentally appropriate skill areas which are embedded throughout your child's school day. Skills will be developed in the following areas:
- Perceptual/Fine Motor Development - Blocks and Puzzles
- Gross Motor Development - Indoor/Outdoor Structured/Unstructured Play and Activities
- Social and Emotional Development - Dramatic Play (i.e., Kitchen and Dress Up)
- Language and Emerging Literacy - Writing, Alphabet Center, Library, Listening, and Story Center
- Sensory Experiences - Sand/Water Table
- Creative Representation - Art Center
- Mathematics Skills - Manipulative Center
- Science Discovery