Roxbury SAT Team
Roxbury SAT Team
The SAT is a national test that colleges and universities often require for admission to their university. The test itself assesses critical reading skills, vocabulary, computation and mathematics skills, and academic grit. This course teaches all of these skills to students in a comfortable environment at Roxbury High School with an English and Math teacher. The course will include two practice exams for students to gain familiarity with the exam format. This course can be taught both in-person and in a virtual setting.
- To prepare students for the critical reading sections of the SAT through intensive vocabulary practice and practice sections
- To enhance students' college-level vocabulary
- To hone math skills for the various types of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry problems on the math section
- To build academic grit required for a test the length of the SAT
Example of Course Outline:
- Day 1: Intros, why the SAT matters, initial skills, intro vocabulary cards
- Day 2: Language Session #1, Vocabulary Practice, Language Session #2
- Day 3: Math Session #1, Language Practice Section #3, Math Session #2
- Day 1: Vocabulary Practice, Language Session #4, Language Session #5
- Day 2: Math Session #3, Language Session #6, Math Session #4
- Day 3: Test Rules, Language Session #7, Math Session #5 Independent Practice
- Saturday Practice Test #1, 8am-11am; 11am-12pm Grade Test
- Day 1: Test Questions for both Language and Math Section
- Day 2: Math Session #5, Language Session #8, Math Session #6
- Day 3: Language Session #9 Vocabulary Practice, Language Session #10
- Day 1: Math Session #7, Math Session #8, Math Session #9
- Day 2: Sign Up Question Day, Language Session #11, Vocabulary Showdown
- Day 3: Math Session #10, Final Review and Breakfast Party
- Saturday Practice Test #2
First Actual Test Date for Students: August or October
This program is open to ALL Roxbury AND non-Roxbury residents.
Registration Deadline: May 19, 2023
- Ms. Kaitlin Stellingwerf is a teacher at Roxbury High School. Prior to teaching at RHS, Ms. Stellingwerf worked at Seton Hall University as a teaching assistant where she independently taught and designed curriculum for the Core English I and II course. She also worked on the First Year Writing Committee to design instruction. Ms. Stellingwerf has worked with students preparing for the SAT in her student teaching with the Vernon HS SAT team.
Register now for Roxbury SAT Team Prep using our online registration form.
If you have difficulty registering online try using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. You can also download a PDF registration form. Please complete this form and send it in with your payment to the Roxbury Community School located at 25 Meeker Street, Succasunna, NJ 07876.
The Roxbury Community School is self-sufficient and a course/program must pay for itself. If there are not enough registrants, the course/program will be canceled. The Coordinator reserves the right to remove from class those individuals who have not paid tuition.
There are no refunds for courses/camps AFTER the program starts. All cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com at least seven days prior to the start of the class for a refund. After that date, there will be no refunds.
If you have questions or problems regarding this program or registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.