B.A.S.E.S. Schedule Information
2021/2022 Schedule and Extended Care
The Roxbury Community School Before and After School Enrichment Services (RCS B.A.S.E.S.) provides quality care for children in grades Kindergarten through Sixth. All K-6 B.A.S.E.S. programs offer care for children during out-of-school hours between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on normally scheduled school days. Early dismissal care for parent/teacher conferences and half days before a holiday break are also included in the regular schedule for those enrolled in the Afternoon B.A.S.E.S.
Tentative Recess Days - The Roxbury Township Board of Education's calendar builds in five (5) emergency days. If any of these days are used, the normal extended care will take place at every site. See the Holiday Schedules regarding unused tentative recess days.
Extended Care Dates include*:
- Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences - Tuesday, October 19 thru Friday, October 22
- Half-Day Before Thanksgiving Break - Wednesday, November 24
- Half-Day Before Winter Break - Thursday, December 23
- Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences - Monday, April 4 thru Thursday, April 7
- End of Year - Wednesday, June 15 thru Thursday, June 16
* RCS B.A.S.E.S. is open on all half days until 6:00 p.m.
The last day of RCS B.A.S.E.S. is Thursday, June 16.
View the school district's calendar.
2021/2022 Holiday Fun Schedule
For the school holidays listed below, we offer care from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at Jefferson Elementary School located at 35 Cornhollow Road, Succasunna, NJ. The programs are run by our childcare staff and feature special activities including arts and crafts, games, indoor and outdoor play, field trips, and guest presentations. Children are asked to bring their own snacks and lunch on these dates. However, for the 2021/2022 school year breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge. Registration and payment are required in advance to reserve your child's spot. There will be an additional cost for the Holiday Fun Schedules.
All dates require sufficient enrollment. If a program fills, a waitlist will be enabled and we will do our best to accommodate more children.
Tentative Recess Days* - The Roxbury Township Board of Education's calendar builds in five (5) emergency days. If no snow days are used per that schedule, B.A.S.E.S. will run on a Holiday Schedule on those dates.
*If families register for a Tentative Recess Day in advance and we end up using a snow day where the students will now be a session, credits will be made to your account.
Holiday Fun Dates:
- Rosh Hashanah - Tuesday, September 7
- Yom Kippur - Thursday, September 16
- Teacher In-Service Day - Monday, October 11
- NJEA Convention - Thursday, November 4 and Friday, November 5
- Martin Luther King Jr./Inservice Day - Monday, January 17
- Tentative Recess Date (if no snow day is used) - Monday, February 7
- President's Day - Monday, February 21
- Tentative Recess Date (if no snow day is used) - Friday, March 18
- Spring Break - Monday, April 11 thru Thursday, April 14
- Tentative Recess Date (if no snow day is used) - Monday, April 18
- Tentative Recess Date (if no snow day is used) - Tuesday, April 19
- Tentative Recess Date (if no snow day is used) - Friday, May 27
2021/2022 Dates RCS B.A.S.E.S. is NOT in Session
- Labor Day - Monday, September 6
- Thanksgiving Break - Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26
- Winter Break/New Year's Day - Friday, December 24 thru Saturday, January 1
- Good Friday - Friday, April 15
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 30