The Roxbury Public School Media Centers serve a variety of purposes within Information Literacy. Each aspect of their purpose is essential to our students’ intellectual, academic, emotional, vocational, social, and personal growth. They provide our students with the knowledge and skills that are necessary for success in our multicultural, multimedia world.
- Provide instruction that fosters an appreciation for the various forms of media and stimulates an interest in reading
- Encourage students and faculty to become effective users of ideas and information
- Offer accessibility to a comprehensive collection of materials that support and extend our students’ informational, recreational and cultural needs
- Support all educators in the design and implementation of Roxbury Public Schools curriculums, so that the needs of all students are met
- Inspire a life-long desire to learn