Special Education Parent Advisory Committee
The Roxbury Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (SEPAC) exists to fulfill the requirements if the New Jersey Administrative Code 6A:14-1.2(h):
Each Board of Education shall ensure that a special education parent advisory group is in place in the district to provide input to the district on issues concerning students with disabilities.
The Roxbury SEPAC works collaboratively with all parents of students with an IEP and district staff in an advisory capacity to the Roxbury Special Services Administration to:
- Foster improved communication of services and information for families of children with diverse needs,
- Facilitate parent involvement throughout the district, particularly when accessing opportunities and resources
- Promote inclusionary practices for all students
The committee will include the following:
- At least one parent/guardian from each of the seven schools
- One parent/guardian with student(s) in out-of-district placement
- Child Study Team member
- Transition Coordinator
- Special Education Teacher
- Director of Special Services
**If you are interested in serving as a Parent Representative for your child/children's school, please contact the Director of Special Services, Ms. Amy Gallagher.