District and Board of Education Goals 2016/2017
District Goals for 2016/2017
1. Student Achievement/Professional Development
- Enhance an active, inclusive, and multifaceted learning experience that maximizes each student's potential and empowers individual achievement.
2. Facilities & Finance/Safety & Security
- Create an economically viable, friendly atmosphere for students, staff and community members equipped to inspire all learners to achieve their potential.
3. Culture & Climate/Community
- To foster an inclusive and collaborative culture and climate with internal and external stakeholders.
4. Roxbury Re-Imagined (New two-year goal)
- To re-purpose 2,500 square feet of space in the district ("Roxbury Re-imaged") to enhance opportunities for students to connect education with preparation for the workforce.
Board of Education Goals for 2016/2017
1. Training -- Fulfillment to become a NJSBA Certificated Board
- Have NJSBA's Labor Relations Department conduct Negotiations training
2. Board Communication -- Increase communication to the Board as a whole
3. Fiscal -- Exercise finiancial oversight of district operations
- Develop Financial Benchmarks
- Identify budget parameters, maintain tax levy within the two percent (2%) cap provisions.