Roxbury Community School Preschool Program
Registration is now open for 2021/2022
Prior/current RCS Preschool families will have preference for open spots.
RCS NOTE 07/29/21:
Our program is full for the 2021/2022 school year and a waitlist has been started.
Interested in Enrolling?
The Roxbury Community School Preschool program is a tuition-based program open to children ages 3-5 (as of October 1st). The preschool program is housed within a district elementary school in Roxbury Township. Our program incorporates activities within the classroom based on the children's individual learning styles. Our goal is to provide an enriched preschool environment that meets the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive needs of all students.
Our integrated preschool design offers children the opportunity to learn and play with age-appropriate peers. While teachers focus on individual student goals, the classroom environment will assist in developing a culture of respect and acceptance of others' differences.
Who We Serve
- Children ages 3 to 5 years old (non-Roxbury residents are also welcome!)
- Children must be at least 3 years old by October 1, 2021
- Children must be fully toilet-trained
- Children must have current physical and all required immunizations
- Full-day schedule from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Five day program, Monday through Friday
- Extended day options available
- Located within a district elementary school in Roxbury Township.
- Part of the school culture with PTA memberships, school assemblies, parades, spirit week, etc.
- Preschool program runs congruently with the district calendar
Part of the School District
- Part of a full-day Kindergarten school district (collaboration with Kindergarten teachers occurs regularly)
- Part of a technologically progressive district with SmartBoards and Chromebooks
- Field Trips
A Curriculum that Strives for Excellence
- Focus on active, creative learning
- Certified teachers and highly-qualified instructional assistants who specialize in early childhood education
- Small class sizes with low student-to-teacher ratios
- Interdisciplinary, differentiated instruction
- Curriculum aligned with Core Content Standards for Preschool and Common Core
- Developmentally appropriate practice through Creative Curriculum model
- Best practice based on NAEYC guidelines
- An academic concentration that focuses on foundational skills essential for Kindergarten
Our preschool program teaches the developmentally appropriate skill areas which are embedded throughout your child's school day. Skills will be developed in the following areas:
- Perceptual/Fine Motor Development - Blocks and Puzzles
- Gross Motor Development - Indoor/Outdoor Structured/Unstructured Play and Activities
- Social and Emotional Development - Dramatic Play (i.e., Kitchen and Dress Up)
- Language and Emerging Literacy - Writing, Alphabet Center, Library, Listening, and Story Center
- Sensory Experiences - Sand/Water Table
- Creative Representation - Art Center
- Mathematics Skills - Manipulative Center
- Science Discovery