Roxbury Community School Preschool Program
Registrations are currently being accepted for the 2018/2019 school year!
- Download/Complete the Preschool Registration Packet
- Download/Complete the Emergency Card
- Download/Read the 2018/2019 Parent Handbook
- Pay deposit and non-refundable annual registration fee to the Roxbury Community School
- Return all medical forms and meet with the Kennedy School Nurse regarding student health records/issues
All enrollment information and payments need to be returned to the Roxbury Community School located on the 2nd Floor of the Roxbury Board of Education Building at 42 North Hillside Avenue, Succasunna, NJ 07876. Questions regarding this program? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking to enroll in the current school year?
As long as space is available, you can still do that by getting the enrollment information here!
The Roxbury Community School Preschool program is a tuition-based program open to children ages 3-5 (as of October 1st). The preschool program is housed at Kennedy Elementary School at 20 Pleasant Hill Road in Succasunna, NJ. Our program incorporates activities within the classroom based on the children's individual learning styles. Our goal is to provide an enriched preschool environment that meets the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive needs of all students.
Our integrated preschool design offers children the opportunity to learn and play with age-appropriate peers. While teachers focus on individual student goals, the classroom environment will assist in developing a culture of respect and an acceptance of others' differences.
Who we serve
Children ages 3 to 5 years old (non-Roxbury residents are also welcome!)
- Children must be at least 3 years old by October 1, 2018
- Children must be fully toilet-trained
- Children must have current physical and all required immunizations
- Full day schedule from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Five-day program, Monday through Friday
- Extended day options available
- Located within the Kennedy Elementary School at 20 Pleasant Hill Road in Succasunna, NJ
- Part of the "Kennedy Culture" with PTA memberships, school assemblies, parades, spirit week, etc.
- Preschool program runs congruently with the district calendar
Part of the School District
- Part of full-day Kindergarten school district (collaboration with Kindergarten teachers occurs regularly)
- Part of a technologically progressive district with SmartBoards, Chromebooks, and iPads
- Field Trips
Curriculum that Strives for Excellence
- Focus on active, creative learning
- Certified teachers and highly-qualified instructional assistants who specialize in early childhood education
- Small class sizes with low student-to-teacher ratios
- Interdisciplinary, differentiated instruction
- Curriculum aligned with Core Content Standards for Preschool and Common Core
- Developmentally appropriate practice through Creative Curriculum model
- Best practice based on NAEYC guidelines
- An academic concentration that focuses on foundational skills essential for Kindergarten
Our preschool program teaches the developmentally appropriate skill areas which are embedded throughout your child's school day. Skills will be developed in the following areas:
- Perceptual/Fine Motor Development - Blocks and Puzzles
- Gross Motor Development - Indoor/Outdoor Structured/Unstructured Play and Activities
- Social and Emotional Development - Dramatic Play (i.e., Kitchen and Dress Up)
- Language and Emergency Literacy - Writing, Alphabet Center, Library, Listening, and Story Center
- Sensory Experiences - Sand/Water Table
- Creative Representation - Art Center
- Mathematics Skills - Manipulative Center
- Science Discovery