The Performing Arts are a vital part of a complete education. Students studying music, dance, and theater become creative decision-makers and learn powerful ways to communicate ideas, thoughts, and feelings.
The Roxbury School District has a thriving Performing Arts Department in which students participate for multiple years in General Music, Bands, Orchestras, Choirs, Dance Classes, and Music Theory Courses through to the Honors and AP Levels.
Tradition of Excellence
- We learn the necessity of personal goal setting and accountability as we hold ourselves to high standards.
- We rise to challenges through hard-work, perseverance, and risk-taking.
- We improve upon our process through reflection, self-evaluation, and application.
Social Emotional Learning
- We foster self-awareness and develop a greater sense of autonomy and emotional vocabulary.
- We use social awareness and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive relationships.
- We demonstrate good decision-making skills and responsible behaviors in personal, school, and community contexts.
- We build imagination and intellectual curiosity.
- We develop problem solving skills.
- We explore other cultures and create informed interpretations of our performances.
- We build positive relationships and supportive classroom environments.
- We depend on one another to work collectively towards common goals.
- We develop collaborative and diverse communities.