Buildings & Grounds Department
The Building and Grounds Department is responsible for the management and maintenance of 10 district buildings and over 170 acres of fields and building grounds.
The Buildings and Grounds Department strives to:
- Develop and maintain a safe and healthy environment for students, staff and the Roxbury community.
- Provide continuous monitoring for quality assurance through daily building assessments to enhance and improve district facilities.
- Establish a comprehensive preventative maintenance program to address daily building and grounds maintenance and long term facility issues.
- Support emergent repairs on all electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and mechanical systems district wide.
- Troubleshoot and Repair issues received through daily work orders submitted by district personnel.
- Maintain all fields, turf and track to support the many seasonal sports of Roxbury students and community members.
- Schedule and support all after school activities, meetings and building usage of district facilities and fields.
- Develop a long range facility plan to address capital improvements throughout the district.
- Promote energy education and conservation while maintaining a comfortable learning environment following the established energy policies and guidelines.
- Continue to analyze building and grounds systems and procedures to enhance quality, streamline productivity and insure cost effectiveness.